Not-level headed, kindda cute, kindda bossy, kindda motherly, her-dog obsessed, preschool loving, loyal, daddy issues, fangirl, well-masked-bitch, heart breaker, sweet, loving, backrub-loving... u want more... i can go on forever... really
Will is in his office when Sam enters. Will wants to talk to him about stepping up and acting like the leader of the New Directions. Because the group has to have a single leader, and Sam has shown such clear and convincing leadership qualities… I’m sorry, I can’t do it. There’s absolutely no reason for Will to call on Sam to be the group’s leader, rather than Artie or Blaine or Tina. For God’ sake, he doesn’t even know how to wash his own hair. And while I doubt this is the writers’ intent, it’s kind of suspect that the guy picked out as the “natural leader” just happens to be the straight, white, able-bodied man. Blech.
Garon Wade and his husband Jamie were prepared for their son in 2012. They were not prepared for what strangers had to say.
- (Cab Driver in Florida directly after getting in) Where’s his mom? (Us) He doesn’t have a mom. (Long Awkward Silence)
- (Cashier at a Surf Shop, see’s just me and my little boy) Oh man, you were given Daddy duty today huh? (Me) It’s Daddy Duty everyday at my house bro. (Confused look)
- Do you think he’ll be more likely to grow up gay? (Me) No. But I’ll love him for whoever he is, so it doesn’t really matter does it?
- (Man on a plane next to me, completely out of nowhere) So did you leave his mom in DC or are you taking the baby to his mom in Florida? (Me) He doesn’t have a mom, he has two Dads. (Complete Silence)
- Are you guys going to tell him he’s adopted one day? (Us) Yea, but I’m pretty sure even if we didn’t, at some point he’d figure that one out right?
- You shouldn’t take babies on planes for the first many months because they get sick right away. (Us). He’s already been on 20 flights. (Silence)
- (Random Guy on the street) Where’s his mom? (Us) She didn’t want him, so I guess that makes us the next best thing.
- (Random Stranger at the grocery store) That baby’s so cute. Does your wife breastfeed? (Me). No he’s got two Dads so we give him formula. (Lady) What??
- (Another Random Lady at the grocery store). That baby is so young. You should NOT be out with him like this at the grocery store! (My husband) Oh I’m sorry are you a pediatrician? (Lady) Excuse me? (Husband) Are you a pediatrician? (Lady) Well, no. (Husband) Then I’m not that interested in what you have to say. My pediatrician said it’s fine to take him out. Have a good one.
- (Yet another Random Stranger) Where’s his mom? (Me) Where’s your mom?